Sunday, December 9, 2012

Whose Gonna Love You When Your Looks Are Gone

  Over the weekend I have some experiences that have brought some things into perspective. I find it so easy to lose focus on what really is important to me personally. In other words, the things to me that mean the most that bring purpose and substance in life. The things that give me motivation to go to work and school and such. We are inundated with so much materialism and worrying. People can worry so much about appearance and reputation. Not to say that they don't hold any value, but that it is too much of a priority. Regardless of what someone may believe or what they choose to do in life,  a constant need for all humankind is the need to relationships. We seem to whither if we do not have healthy relationships. Its a must. But, we can lose focus of this when certain things, such as materialism, power, wealth, work, whatever shape or form it may be (which is different for everyone) comes between what we need and what we want. When short term things get in the way of our potentially lasting relationships we have a problem. So I have this great song that helps me to remember that I need to give most of my attention to those who are dear to me and not the "whatever" that has potential to pull me away from those I don't want to lose. My song selection comes from a classic musician Paul Simon. The song is called outrageous. 

Artist: Paul Simon
Song:Outrageous

  So when you are old and everything from your life that has transpired moves like a motion picture in your head, hopefully you will be able remember all the good people in your life. I would hope that we can learn to place more value in the way that we treat the ones that we love, than the money in our pocket or even seemingly great accomplishments. Its our relationships that bring us the most happiness at least that's what I have found in my life. Knowledge and actual things don't bring the same feeling of being connected and close to those we love. Besides, "whose gonna love you when you're looks are gone."


No comments:

Post a Comment